Pages

Wednesday, July 13

When in Kalk Bay...

One of my favourite towns to visit is Kalk Bay. This town has all my favourite things- clothes, antiques, ice cream, sea food, photo opportunities, art and the sea. It was one of the first sunny days in Cape Town since we were hit with a chilly winter, this was the perfect opportunity to go to Kalk Bay. These are a few things I love to do in Kalk Bay:



  • Stop at Muizenberg beach to put your toes in the sand and take a look at the colourful changing rooms that are a well known attraction


  • Enjoy a seafood lunch at the harbour


  • Take a walk along the harbour


  • Have some ice cream at the Ice Cafe. They have the best flavours to choose from (Black Cherry and Dark Belgium Chocolate is my favourite)

  • Visit the different antique shops, they have the most amazing things



  • Look at the pretty clothes at the different boutiques. Mythology and London Road (which is a vintage clothing boutique) are a few of my favourites)






  • Find the shop called "What not China Town" it has hundreds and hundreds of China from all over the world. Cups and saucers and spoons in any colour and pattern fill every inch of wall and ceiling. You have to move really slowly in order to not knock something off its place.




There is soo much more to Kalk Bay that I am exploring, every time I go I find something new to try or new to like about it. I hope that you will fall in love with Kalk Bay the same way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment