Pages

Monday, July 25

View from the top...

Earlier on this year I manged to be talked into climbing Table Mountain, this was an experience. I cried at least three times hoping that some how a helicopter could come and fetch me (there was noo way that I was going to turn around). 
I am definitely no the "hiking" type, I love the outdoors but my fitness level and fear of falling off has allowed me to not be soo fond of it. But there is something about climbing a huge mountain that allows you to feel a sense of achievement, to be able to drive past the mountain and say "I climbed that!!".
I climbed Lions Head this weekend and it was no different, it has a few challenging parts which I managed to get through (like climbing up a section hanging onto a chain, one slip and you fall!!) but in the end, I can definitely see how climbing the biggest mountain first has allowed me to grace through the smaller ones. The view from the top is totally worth the climb and the fact that I burnt off all the chocolate from the weekend was a bonus. I might just become the "hiking" type after all.