Pages

Thursday, July 7

Girls just want to have fun...

Once again I find myself counting down the days until Friday will grace us with her presence. I think reality is the biggest dream killer. It is true that I will never be the next editor of Vogue nor a Victoria’s Secret model but just for a while, allowing myself to escape reality and all responsibilities and chores and stresses, I am happy. We spend soo much time trying to keep up with the world and the perceptions and opinions, that I have forgotten my own. We are conditioned to believe that in order to be successful you have to work hard, become the next CEO and marry rich and avoid having kids for as long as possible. All your time needs to be dedicated to work, to get to the top of the corporate ladder and take over the world. I can’t remember when last I have seen those kinds of people around me truly happy and allowed themselves to just breathe. We are all constantly in a rush. Coming from a corporate environment to one that is more relaxed, I have allowed myself to actually take a look around me, to spend my time doing what I love and just letting my hair down for a bit. I have allowed my inner child to come out, to expose myself to new things and explore what is around me. To have cake for breakfast,  to spend the day watching series in my pink pajamas, to gym at 10pm then help myself to more leftover cake, to dream of having hair like Rapunzel, to go to a petting zoo, wear hair bows and red lipstick and just let myself be. I have climbed Table Mountain, started up my first blog and learnt the art of Pilates. I find myself laughing uncontrollably at the craziest things and meeting new people who are just like me along the way. I have discovered new passions and hobbies and have decided to study further in a new direction of my life. It is crazy how much you find out about yourself and how happy you can truly be if you allow yourself the time to let go. Just because I am 21 & married to the most amazing man I could ever have dreamed of (the fact that he looks like a Hugo Boss model is a bonus) it doesn’t mean I have to completely grow up and loose my dreams and joy in the silly things. Life is soo short and to waste time on the things that steal your joy and your time and your relationships. I will forever remain young at heart and allow myself to escape every now and then to a place where I can be care free and rest in knowing that tomorrow is another day….

No comments:

Post a Comment