Pages

Monday, September 5

Miss Monroe

I have wanted a Marilyn Piercing also known as a Monroe piercing since I can remember.
(a lip piercing placed off-center, above the upper lip on the left hand side and is meant to resemble Marilyn Monroe's beauty spot. It is not to be confused with a 'Madonna piercing', which is placed in a similar location on the right hand side of the face, and is named after Madonna)



This look isn't just for emo kids who are trying to look hard core, I think it can look really nice on most people. Especially if the piercing ball is small with a tiny diamond. The only thing that scares me is the needle- I know, I know!!!! It is just a needle, they numb your skin and before you know it, it is all over. It isn't the actual pain of the needle, more the build up and that feeling when you sit and wait for the needle to finally pierce through your skin. I have overcome a lot of my fears this year and the only 3 left to conquer is needles, spiders and deep open water.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the piercing and if I will finally face my fear of needles.